Thursday, August 11, 2016

Creating Rituals with Pants

I learned many good things in graduate school about craft and the writing process. One suggestion was about creating a writing ritual. The idea is to have a ritual that always precedes and/or includes the act of writing. This, along with a regular writing practice (re: daily), is good advice that came from well-grounded writers.

Some of my colleagues began lighting candles when they sit down to write. Others have specifics things at hand: computer, pencil/pen and paper, a favorite visual object, etc. One writing friend outlines his entire project on paper on the wall before sitting down to write.

I purchased a pair of writing pants.

I only wear these subtle pants when I am writing. At home. I've not yet ventured down to the local coffee house in them. When the hubby sees me wearing them he smiles that special, "atta girl" smile that I love.

I'm wearing my pants now, so I'm off to create. :-)

1 comment:

Elf said...

Perfect writing pants. IMHO.