Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Followed by a nice gentle rejection

The agent from NM that I queried has apparently moved and left no forwarding address as the snail-mail query I sent out was returned undeliverable. There IS a typo in her address, but not enough to keep the letter from making it to the proper destination. There is the possibility that the agent herself didn't like the typo and returned it unopened for that reason alone. She has already ignored my email query (even though one of her clients TOLD me to email her), so after sending an email request for her correct snail-mail address and hearing nothing, I may just give up. I can live with that.

The NY agent who was recommended by another friend sent a very nice rejection today after looking over my proposal, summary and sample chapter. It was short, sweet and to the point. Nothing really to complain about.

Am I disappointed, yes. Devastated? No. Absolutely not.

I'd like to do more research and writing before I send out any more queries or copies of the proposal. ALTHOUGH if someone wanted to send me to an agent, I wouldn't grouse about it.

No comments: